Eid is an Islamic festival that is celebrated in all Islamic countries at the end of the Holy Month of Ramadan.
The date of this Islamic festival is not permanent and will be determined by moon sightings. However, announcements of the public and private sector holidays are confirmed by the local government. It is a festival full of joy and excitement as Muslims do fasting in the whole month of Ramadan, and Eid ul Fitr is given as a reward to them for their deeds and worship.
In 2021, Eid ul Fitr is expected to be celebrated from 11th to 14th of May in the United Arab Emirates. These 4 days are considered public holidays (the last day of Ramadan and 3 days of Shawwal). Although exact dates are announced only a few days before. This festival is celebrated by exchanging Eid greetings and feasting with family and friends. Another important element of Eid is giving some money to the poor before offering Eid prayer known as Zakat ul Fitr.
While you can do several other things on this special occasion especially when you are in the city of gold. Some of the most famous places to visit and things you can do on Eid in Dubai are given here. Also, browse online to find the best car rental Dubai company to book a car for your trip.
Some of the important things that you should know about Eid in Dubai are given here.
● It is a festival full of joy, fun, and excitement which marks the ending of Ramadan. Once the new moon of Shawwal appears, the main committee of the UAE announces the end of this holy month.
● The restaurants, parks and all other places remain open during this festival as it lasts for 3 days.
● During this festival, people wake up early in the morning, get well-dressed, and offer their prayers in the mosques.
● Muslims greet each other after offering prayer and say "Eid Mubarak" which means "Happy Eid". Later on, they meet their family and friends, exchange gifts, and then followed by a grand feast for lunch.
● At this festival, Dubai becomes the most alive and vibrant city with both residents and tourists. Regardless of the religion, Muslims and non-muslims are celebrating Eid on a large scale.
● Eid is all about activities in the park, a lot of shopping, huge concerts, thrilling adventures on dunes, and many more. In Dubai, there will always be a lot more than you expect.
● Most of the important things are food. And Dubai offers you every kind of food from traditional dishes to modern cuisines with amazing tastes that you will force to lick your fingers. On this special occasion, restaurants are brimming with all amazing and delicious options for you.
● You can also take benefit of the combo deals which offer you the experience of dual kinds, entertainment at a very affordable rate.
It is one of the most popular ways to spend your Eid holidays in Dubai. On every Eid, the city of gold puts on a wonderful celebration mainly consisting of two astounding musical fireworks shows. It is considered a tradition among the residents while it is an aspiration for tourists and visitors. You can watch it free on Eid Holidays at 8 and 10 pm.
A theme park in Dubai is the first and largest mega theme amusement park which offers you five different kinds of epic zones. If you are confused about where to spend and celebrate your Eid holidays, you could not find a better place than a theme park. You can also enjoy yourself there along with your family and kids through incredible rides at the IMG Worlds of Adventure.
It is an amazing way to enjoy your Eid celebrations by witnessing live entertainment shows which are done by some of the most talented and gifted artists. Venus for these shows is Coca Cola Arena, Conference Center, and Le Meridien Dubai Hotel. The live shows at these places are presented by renowned comedians and other unique artists. The live entertainment shows start from 8:00 pm and continue till late at night.
Putting aside all of the fun and exciting activities, this time of the year is best for pampering and motivating yourself to do some different and amazing things in Dubai on your Eid's Holidays. You can do it by giving yourself and your family a treat and visit the Grosvenor House. It is located at Al Emreef Street Dubai and it is open every day from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. You will certainly have an excited and blissful experience there.
In 2019, this largest festival wheel is open in Al Ain Dubai at Bluewater islands. It is one of the other famous and thrilling things to do on Eid in the city of gold. This Ferris wheel is fun and an exciting way to enjoy the Dubai Skylines and other skyscrapers. It offers you an incredible view of the sunset as it is a main attraction in the region. Moreover, it is a huge wheel of about 40 meters offering you wonderful and spectacular views.
To enjoy eid in Dubai, make sure to book your hotel and contact any cheap car rental Dubai to get an economical car for your trip.
Here is a list of places that you can visit in Dubai during your Eid Holidays. Now you are finally settled and sure about what to do and how to spend your holidays in the best way you can. Moreover, you can also discuss your plans with your friends and family so that you can figure out some other best things to do on Eid in Dubai.